The company and the people who strive to do it right the first time.
Wooding Geospatial Solutions (WGS) is an aerial survey and geographic information provider. The firm was established in 2007 following a restructuring of the family business, Rob Wooding & Associates which has been running for nearly 30 years.
WGS employs leading edge technologies to deliver competitive, intelligent and innovative solutions and our depth of experience facilitates novel solutions to complex problems which are both cost effective and practical. The company is able to draw on an extensive range of resources providing depth of service and alternative solutions.
The company also offers a full support service to clients to leverage aerial data through Geographical Information Systems (GIS). Being customer focused we actively assist clients to realise the potential of spatial data and the associated benefits.
The company prides itself in conducting all phases of aerial survey projects “in-house” and no part is outsourced.
“At WGS, we don’t just supply data – We deliver solutions.”
The company owns an extensive range of equipment and resources including:
- Numerous digital photogrammetric production workstations in several software environments.
- An array of Windows and Unix based servers, PC’s, Laptops and toughened computers.
- Over 50 terrabytes of online storage capacity.
- A variety of high-end technical software licenses.
- A fleet of four wheel drive vehicles.
- High grade differential GPS equipment.
- Large and small format colour printing capabilities.
- Two Cessna 337 aircraft.
- High resolution Digital Metric Cameras.
- High Precision Inertial Navigation Systems.
- Riegl LiDAR scanner system and camera.
- Autonomous drone/UAV capabilities.
“The resources to get the job done!”
Hal has been the managing director of WGS since the company commenced operating independently of Rob Wooding and Associates in 2007. His career in photogrammetry began in 1990, working as an aerial camera operator using a Wild/Leica large format film camera. In 1997 he joined the family business, Rob Wooding and Associates, having completed an Engineering Degree and trained as a photogrammetric operator on Silicon Graphics workstations. Hal has developed extensive software for aerial camera management and the automation of photogrammetric processing.
Academic and Professional qualifications:
- BSc. (Eng Agric). University of Natal
- Pilots Licenses (Fixed wing & Helicopter)
- Current chairman of the South African Association of Air Survey Companies.
- Member of the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal Land Survey Advisory Board.